Thursday 28 February 2013

After a lot of thought over the break, I've decided that it would be interesting to incorporate GIS into my final project.  I spent a great deal of time looking into the information I have on my grandfather's path through Europe during World War Two and I believe it will be enough to create a map using GIS to digitize his travels. I was also thinking about writing an essay on the experience of a World War Two soldier and using my grandfather as an example. I remember Dr. Ross telling us in one of the first classes that he wrote an essay on a video but there was really no avenue for him to display it until he created a website on it (I hope I'm remembering this correctly!). I thought I would go off that idea and create a map and do research on what life was like for an English soldier in the trenches during the war.
I'm a bit apprehensive about using the GIS software because the only experience I've had with it was during class that one day, however I think this idea will be really cool and interesting and will incorporate my love for history and my interest in my family's past.

No comments:

Post a Comment